So to motivate myself, here are a list of things I look forward to upon defending:
- Never paying another semester bill at SUNY Binghamton
- Returning 100+ books to two different libraries
- Seeing the surface of my dining room table, coffee table and nightstand
- Watching bad TV without feeling guilty
- Going for a hike without feeling guilty
- Going out to dinner, a movie, a friend's house, a bar, a road trip, or Vegas with my girlfriends without feeling guilty!
- Joking that I'm the kind of doctor that is of absolutely no use in an emergency situation
- Having my students call me "Dr. Ray" for one class, then going back to "Susan"
- Telling my husband it was worth it
- Thanking my family for supporting me through this and actually coming through
- Having this tremendous weight lifted off my shoulders
Okay! Sufficiently motivated, now back to work!