Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The latest

So I am not done with Langston Hughes (and I have a new stack of papers to grade), but I decided to multitask and start working on my application. Working on my application counts as dissertation work, since I have to revamp the dissertation proposal and the VERY rough draft I have right now, so I'm not necessarily off track...at least that's what I tell myself. On the other hand, I am coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't stop grading until around Thanksgiving; my solution is to spread it out over several days to avoid the marathon sessions over two, three days. Those sessions just put me in an awful mood and I can't get any dissertation stuff done, so now I'm trying to manage my time better in order to make progress. Baby steps, I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment