Saturday, January 15, 2011

Did accomplish a bit today!

I almost didn't post! But I will do my damnedest to post every day until this thing is done!

I'm currently in a rich food/wine coma! Craig took me to this excellent French restaurant in downtown Erie and I think I spent half of the afternoon daydreaming about it... I'm not sure my half-hour on the treadmill even put a dent in the calories I consumed...

However, today I continued to take notes and copy images from the Irish Sketchbook.  Plus, I found an INCREDIBLE new work of criticism coming out that closely mirrors my project and will really bring things together:  Urban Realism and the Cosmopolitan Imagination in the Nineteenth Century: Visible City, Invisible World!
However, it's currently $90! And not even available in the US until February.  We'll see if I can get it from BU or UPenn before another Victorianism snatches it up!


Finally, totally reconceptualizing things, well, maybe.  I've only been working with his letters & illustrations from 1841-1843 plus the Sketchbook and have enough to write two chapters, much less one! Where are Barry Lyndon and The Great Hoggarty Diamond to fit in?? I emailed my adviser for advice... we'll see what the next step is... until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment