Thursday, January 13, 2011

Feeling a bit low...

So I finished rereading and marking up Irish Sketchbook: 367 pages in two days.  If I working or going to school in addition that would be pretty impressive, but I think I need to take Liana's advier's advice and start getting through a book a day.  I found several amazing, relevant books at the UPenn library, but they're all checked out ... grrrr....

I know I can do write this dissertation, but standing here at the beginning of the marathon... it's looking impossible... sigh

At least Craig arrives tomorrow!

I'm about to type up my notes from Irish Sketchbook with Tina Fey cheering me up in the background!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to remember when I heard that. B/c at this point in my life that sounds SO INTENSE, lol.

    Susan, keep your head up. I am so impressed that you are getting so much done on a regular basis. It's amazing. Great to see you posting again regularly. I will join in as well. I'm not doing as much regularly, but I am doing a little bit every day.

    I had an epiphany recently, and it's something I heard others say but it didn't make sense until I felt it: think of each chapter as an essay. Really. I was so overwhelmed it took me a year to write a rough draft of Chapter 1 (a rough draft I have yet to finish, but that's another story). But what helped me get through that first chapter was "think of this as an essay. It has a beginning, a middle, and an end." You can make the connections later. Now I'm moving onto Chapter 2, and I feel more confident about writing this one.

    Good luck, chica!

    ReplyDelete